Don’t miss this opportunity to have your say! The Lumley Street, Upper Mt Gravatt Opportunities Plan is aimed at improving this neighbourhood shopping precinct and feedback is welcome until 20 February 2022.
As part of the Village Precinct Projects program, Council is proposing the revitalisation of Lumley Street whose opportunities plan has been released for community feedback beginning 31 January 2022.
The $600,000 Lumley Street, Upper Mt Gravatt Precinct improvement project includes the following considerations and proposed improvements:
- sections of footpath upgrade to improve accessibility, safety and amenity
- street greening including street tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity, and to reduce the urban heat island effect
- groundcover plantings to new and existing garden beds
- inclusion of new unique seating and standard Council street furniture
- creative placemaking outcomes, including creative lighting.
Council plans to release the final improvement plan and construction information beginning mid to late 2022 with construction slated to commence from early 2023.
The public is invited to have their say through any of the following means:
- Online by reading about the proposed improvements below, then completing the short feedback survey by 11:59 pm Sunday 20 February 2022.
- Request a call back from the project team to discuss the project further.
- Emailing the project team
- Phoning Council on 3403 8888.
About the Village Precinct Projects
The $10 million Village Precinct Project is a Council initiative aimed at improving the public realm and revitalising local shopping precincts through tree planting, footpath upgrades, street furniture and groundcover planting, among others.
Some of the precincts that underwent improvements under the VPP program include Ainsdale Street Village, Aspley Village, Biota Street Inala Village, Darra Village Precinct and Gaythorne Village Precinct.
Projects currently in the pipeline include:
- Aminya Street Mansfield Village Precinct Project – $1.3M
- Ashgrove West Village Precinct Project – $3 million
- Coorparoo Junction Village Precinct Project – $1 million
- Martha Street Camp Hill Village Precinct Project – $1 million
- Paddington Terraces Village Precinct Project – with funding support from the Australian Government
- Park Road, Milton Village Precinct Project – $500,000
- Sandgate Road Boondall Village Precinct Project – $1 million